Monday, March 21, 2011

Judy Garlands Bel Air home SOLD

Oh Judy, I really think your great



Judy Garland
1922 - 1969


every since I was a child getting to know her in The Wizard of OZ every year. I so looked forward to the Christmas holidays when that was on

Judy moved into this Bel Air home located at 1231 Stone Canyon Road, Bel Air, ca 90077 in 1938. the same year she was cast as Dorothy. she had the home built for her. she lived here with her sister, mother and grandmother

its on 2.5 acres and over 5,000 sq ft

there are 5 bedrooms, 6.5 bathrooms, with a pool and separate cabanas and even a writers cottage

other celebrities to live in this house are Quincy Jones and Marvin Gaye

Listed at 5.5 and SOLD for 5.2

this is an old postcard, studios used to put these out for the public. can you imagine showing full out exactly where they lived!, guess there was no stalking in those days





this is how it looks today, well sort of if you google it and do a street view you'll surely see the trees are much bigger now




























there is the writers cottage on the left behind the trees

















even though her an Mickey Rooney were cast in so many movies together and did alot of publicity together, I hear they were very good chums




























Judy's dressing room







Judy passed away at the young age of 47


hope your still dancing



theres no place like home...theres no place like home



here are some of Judy's quotes

"When my number is up, I want a new one, and I have no intention of checking out."


When you have lived the life I've lived, when you've loved and suffered, and been madly happy and desperately sad -- well, that's when you realize you'll never be able to set it all down. Maybe you'd rather die first."

"There’s no more over the rainbow for me. I’ve grown up. And those days are OVER!"


"I hate flying. I don't want to die. I've never met a cast of people I wanted to die with. You go on an airplane and see the people sitting there reading Reader's Digest...you don't want to die with them, you KNOW, you don't want to die with them! First of all I get top billing: JUDY GARLAND dies in plane crash. For other deceased, turn to section D page eighteen, where they have them listed alphabetically. What are we doing flying around in airplanes? The birds don't even go that high! You have to strap yourself in and HOPE...and there's no hope and NO OXYGEN! I have to make friends with the pilot, whereupon he tells me that his children are just as important to him as mine are...forget it! His life isn't NEARLY as important as my life is to me! Call it sheer selfishness, I don't really CARE!"


this is the last house Judy lived in, and died in as well. its in Chelsea, London. she was living with her 5th husband there, he was gay. apparently she had a habit of marrying gay men
 
 
 

she was found, like Elvis, in the bathroom on the toilet after an overdose

Official cause of death: Barbituate Poisoning (quinalbarbitone), incautious self-overdosage, accidental

No comments:

Post a Comment